God’s Message of Love, Direction and Hope to us all
Hebrews 4:12 (NKJV)
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The Great Commission
16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted.18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Colossians 3:16 (NIV)
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
- “The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable. Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
- It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword, and the Christian’s charter. Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed. Christ is its grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God its end.
- It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully. It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure. It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.”
MONDAY, September 2
CHURCH OFFICE CLOSED for Labour Day Long Weekend
TUESDAY, September 3
8:30 am Parents Back to School Connecting & Prayer
WEDNESDAY, September 4
9:45 am Keenager’s Study & Meal
6:30 pm AWANA Leaders Meeting
THURSDAY, September 5
FRIDAY, September 6
SATURDAY , September 7
SUNDAY, September 8
9:15 am & 11:15 am Worship Services
9:30 am Baptism Class
11:30 am Membership Class
1:00 pm Youth Parent’s Meeting
6:00 pm Hymn Sing
PARENTS FIRST DAY BACK TO SCHOOL CONNECTING & PRAYER September 3 after you drop off your children for school, stop by the church to connect with others over coffee and snacks in the foyer. As well, there are ladies who would love to pray with you for your child(ren), and their school, teacher, and principal.
SGAC will be hosting a private screening of UNPLANNED THE MOVIE on Monday, September 9 at 7:00 pm at Landmark Cinemas, Spruce Grove.
Unplanned brings us an eye-opening look inside the abortion industry from a woman who was once its most passionate advocate. Unplanned the movie brings the issue to the big screen while giving voice to a woman who has been on both sides of the abortion conversation.
Tickets are $12.50/each and are available through the Church Office. There are a limited number of tickets available.
YOUTH PARENTS MEETING Sunday, September 8 at 1:00 pm in the Oasis Room. Meet with Pastor Josh and the Youth Leaders and hear their heart for the growth of the youth this next year. Calendars of events and information forms will be available.
BAPTISM CLASSES will be held at 9:30 am on Sunday, September 8 and 11:30 am on Sunday, September 15 in the Prayer Room. Please contact Pastor Art with your desire to attend one of these classes.
CHURCH MEMBERSHIP We encourage Church Membership as a ‘next-step’ in your life within the body of Christ here at Spruce Grove Alliance Church. Classes will be held at 11:30 am on Sunday, September 8 and at 9:30 am on Sunday,
- Registration is now open. Register online today or in the office.
- There will be a meeting for ALL AWANA leaders on Wednesday, September 4 at 6:30 pm.
- AWANA starts on Wednesday, September 11 with a parents orientation. Please meet in the Sanctuary with your child.
FALL VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED for AWANA and Sunday mornings. Please fill out a Children’s Ministry Serve card from the chair pocket in front of you.
DEEPER LIFE SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY is an on-line or classroom DVD bible school that is taught by world class theologians. Our next course is September 19 – 21 on Spiritual Gifts. Please contact Pastor Coreen to enroll today.
The 2 Little 4 Me Children’s Clothing and Toy Sale is an event for the whole community. The Fall sale will take place on Saturday, September 21 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Tables to rent for vendors are still available. Check out the 2 Little 4 Me Children’s Clothing & Toy Sale Facebook page.
TRADITIONAL CAMBODIAN DANCE TROUPE September 29 at 6:00 pm Join us for this unique event. Traditional dances will be performed by young men and women from RESCUE CAMBODIA. They will not only entertain you but you will also get to hear firsthand the stories of how God continues to work through this amazing ministry. Free Admission - free will offering will be taken.
Please note that we are looking for people to billet the dancers for 1 night during this event. Please contact the church office if this is something you are able to do.
All other programs for the next 4 months are listed in THE FALL JOURNEY. DOWNLOAD NOW, or take one home with you.
Please pray for:
Our International Workers: Dan & Melodie Ibsen, A & J, Tim & Brenda Tjosvold.Our International Workers: Dan & Melodie Ibsen, A & J, Tim & Brenda Tjosvold.
Our Pastoral Team Staff Member: Pastor Art Quist. Art is married to Betty and they have 3 grown children.
Our Support Staff Team Member: Kari Gehlert Kari is married to Lorne and they have 5 children.
Our Elders Team Member: John Olsen. John is married to Arlene and they have 4 children ages 16, 14, 8 and 7.
We extend our sincere condolences to Thelma Dirks and her family upon the recent passing of her husband Arnin (known to some as George). A memorial service honoring Arnin Dirks will be held at St Andrews United Church Spruce Grove at 11:00 am on Saturday, September 14.