Lessons from Jesus
"Victory in the Battle"
- The choice to serve _______________ or to serve ______________.
- The broad way leads to ________________ _________________.
- The gate to enter God’s Kingdom is _____________________.
- The Bible is still the _______________ ________________book in the _________ at over ________________ .
- The manuscripts of the Greek New Testament number _______.
- Satan’s 3 types of attack 1. ________________
- Is temptation a sin? True or False
- Where is the Temptation of Jesus found? _________________.
- 3 Ways Satan Tempts us Lust of the __________ 1 John 2:16
Lust of the _________
Pride of ___________
- 3 Ways to have victory Submit to _______________ James 4:7
Speak the _________ of God ________ Matthew 4:4
Repent and humble yourself ________James 4:8-10
MONDAY, July 31
9:30 am Outreach Prayer
1:30 pm Women's Prayertime
TUESDAY, August 1
WEDNESDAY, August 2
9:45 am Keenager’s Study
7:00 pm Young Adults Study at Vanderveen’s
THURSDAY, August 3
FRIDAY, August 4
SATURDAY , August 5
SUNDAY, August 6
10:00 am Worship Service with Discovery Island Sunday School
VBS (Vacation Bible School) August 14 - 18. Maker Fun Factory for ages 3 to 12. Registration is $15 per child online only until July 31. This cost increases to $25 per child after that date.
VBS LEADERS MEETING Aug. 9 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm VBS Safety & Risk Management training. Meeting to follow for all VBS leaders.
HELP US TRANSFORM OUR CHURCH into Maker Fun Factory on Sunday Aug 13. Bring your lunch and stay after church for a work bee to help turn the entire building into a place of creativity where kids will meet with God.
AUG 20 - FAMILY BBQ to follow the 10am service. If your last name starts with A - L please bring a large salad to share and if your last name starts with M - Z please bring a large dessert to share. This event is for the whole church family. Feel free to invite your friends and neighbors.
MISSIONS: Pastor Coreen will be taking a team to Antigua again this January 2018 to provide Discipleship Curriculum in the public schools and present the Gospel in a creative way. To raise funds, we will be having a continuous Bottle Drive. You can bring your bottles to be donated to the church office anytime. Please call Kathy Duncan at 780-722-3211 or text Catarina Van Neck at 780-667-4601 if you have any questions. If you would like to join our team, please contact Pastor Coreen by email here.
SEPTEMBER 3 LOVE THE GROVE This is a free community event. Worship service at 10:00 am followed by lunch and activities. Open to all ages.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Sept. 24. at 2:00 pm. All members are encouraged to attend. Annual Reports will be available Sept. 3.
Giving Week of July 23: $9,493
3 Week Average: $15,330
Budget Requirement: $24,327
Future Development Fund:
Giving July 23: $1,480
Balance as of July 23: $435,397
Monthly Update (July 2016 - June 30, 2017):
Budget Shortfall: $74,330
Year to date Surplus: $33,091
Please pray for:
- Our International Workers: Jon & Angie Coutts, Ric & Kareen Strangway, Stephen & Marilyn Ribgy.
- Our Pastoral Staff: Pastor Scott Buck - Pastor Art Quist. Art is married to Betty and they have 3 married children.
- Our Administrative Staff: Janet Sawatzky. Janet is married to Richard and they have 3 adult children.
- Our Elders: John Olsen. John is married to Arlene and they have 4 children ages 14, 12, 7 and 5.
- The church office will be closed Monday, August 7 for the Holiday weekend.
- Congratulations to the Shawn and Melanie Silliphant as they dedicate Colson Ryan this weekend.