VBS Sunday: Created by God, Built for a Purpose
- Monday: "Thank you for making me so
wonderfully complex!” (Psalm 139:14)
- Tuesday: “ If God is for us, who can ever be
against us?” (Romans 8:31)
- Wednesday: “ The Lord your God is with you
wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
- Thursday: “ Your unfailing love will last forever.”
- Friday: “ ' For I know the plans I have for you,'
says the Lord.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
MONDAY, August 21
9:30 am Outreach Prayer
1:30 pm Women's Prayertime
TUESDAY, August 22
6:30 pm Live Free
WEDNESDAY, August 23
9:45 am Keenagers (55+) Bible Study
THURSDAY, August 24
FRIDAY, August 25
SATURDAY , August 26
SUNDAY, August 27
10:00 am Worship Service with Discovery Island Sunday School
The Future Development Team is committed to regular, transparent communication with the congregation, and is looking for assistance. If you have experience (or are interested in building skills) in social media, graphic design or writing, or have other ideas that would help the team, please contact Nicole.
MISSIONS: Pastor Coreen will be taking a team to Antigua again this January 2018 to provide Discipleship Curriculum in the public schools and present the Gospel in a creative way. If you would like to join our team, please contact Pastor Coreen.
WOMEN YOUTH LEADERS WANTED - If you have a desire to mentor or work with teens, please get in touch with Pastor Josh.
Jr High and Sr High Small Groups begins Tuesday Sept 12 at 6:30 pm here at the church.
LOVE THE GROVE Sept. 3. This is a free community event. Worship service at 10:00 am followed by lunch and activities. Open to all ages.
Donations of a case of water, pop, juice boxes or chips will be accepted at the Welcome Cetnre. The Door Knockers will be available to hand out on August.27.
KEENAGERS (55+) KORN ROAST Sept. 9 at 12 noon. Cost is $2 per person. Bring along a salad or dessert to share. Message through song is by Mercy River. Sign up at the Welcome Centre today.
The Maintenance Team has scheduled a fall workbee on September 30 similar to the one in the spring to complete some left over tasks and several repair and construction projects. Please mark your calendars and plan to come. It is as much a social time as it is work and a great way to meet others who you may not yet know
Giving Week of Aug. 13: $11,697
Budget Requirement: $24,327
Future Development Fund:
Giving Aug. 13: $643
Balance as of Aug. 13: $466,644
Monthly Update (July 1 - July 31, 2017):
Budget Shortfall: $43,659
Year to date Surplus: $17,295
Global Advance Giving:
Canadian Ministries Giving:
Please pray for:
- Our International Workers: Shelby Fehr, Camp Nakamun Staff, Tim & Julie Wiebe.
- Our Pastoral Staff: Pastor Andrew Bugiera.. Andrew is our Pastor of Worship, Arts & Prayer. He is married to Amy and they have three children ages 7, 3 years and 20 months..
- Our Administrative Staff: Corina Langdon. Corina is married to Boyde and they have 3 children 20, 17 and 15.
- Our Elders: Del Dyck. Del is married to Carol and they have two married children.
- THANK YOU FROM DAN & MELODIE IBSEN-- Thank you for the gift cards. You have been SO very supportive of us during our 31 years overseas and again now as we settle into our Calgary home. We will be teaching at Ambrose University over the next school year. Our focus will be to encourage the young people studying there to be open to God’s calling on their lives to take the message of the Gospel to the parts of the world that have never yet had an opportunity to hear of God’s love for them.
- HUGE THANKS from Pastor Andrew and Amy to all who donated items for their food pantry. It is greatly appreciated.
- CONDOLANCES to the family of Diane Shepherd - who recently passed away.