Are you interested in being a part of a Life Group? Either as a leader or participant? Life Groups are great places for people to grow together in community, and to develop meaningful spiritual relationships. Life groups give opportunities for learning from the Bible, prayer and getting to know others. Leaders are provided with support resources.
Life Group Leadership Needs:
This would be someone that would open their home weekly or bi-weekly. You may choose to serve a snack or have others take turns providing one. The key is to make the Life Group participants feel at home. As a group you might choose to rotate hosting.
The leader might choose to host and lead or just lead. Some of your responsibilities would be to invite new people, facilitate the meeting, invest in other potential leaders, pray and build community within your group. A typical gathering includes Scripture, prayer and fellowship.
Life Group Expectations:
- Prompt attendance
- Be prepared
- Be confident
- Serve with excellence
- Communicate with the Discipleship Pathway Team
- Attend the quarterly Life Group Leadership Meeting
- Grow to multiply
- As situations arise, direct to the appropriate resources
- Attend regularly
- Be prepared
- Confidentiality is required
- Be respectful and courteous
Life Group Resources:
- Quarterly Life Group Leadership Meeting with Life Group leaders and their families following the 11:15 am service. This is a casual time of getting to know other Life Group leaders.
- Mid-Week Studies offering opportunity to create new Life Groups or find potential co-leaders. These are great for extra scripture study or to strengthen yourself spiritually.
- Adult Study Resources is a library at the church full of study resources from a variety of different pastors and authors. These may or may not include video resources.
- RightNow Media is a library of video resources that will help you develop and grow as both a disciple of Jesus and a disciple-maker. The videos can be streamed directly to your computer, tablet or mobile device. Many series have workbooks and leader guides available. For more information or to sign up visit our RightNow Media section on our website.
Let us know if you're interested in leading a Life Group here!