GOODBYE AND HELLO
We stand here at the threshold of another year and wonder what it will behold.
We say “Good bye!” to 2020 and say “Hello!” to the New Year 2021.
I invite you to slowly read (with time for consideration and meditation) Luke 2:8 – 19.
Most of us, or may I safely assume, none of us, have had an experience quite like those shepherds did on that night like no other as they cared for their sheep on that Bethlehem hillside. They had a vital role to care for the flocks whose offspring would be the chosen lambs for the twice-daily sacrifices at the temple. [I invite you to read all about that in Exodus 29:38-46.]
The message of the angel set about to communicate three things:
- “Do not be afraid.”
- “I bring you good tidings of great joy.”
- “This is a message for all people.”
Their proclamation carried three powerful messages. First, move past a circumstance of fearful paralysis, to second, hear the message that is being proclaimed by the Lord of hosts through His servant to each one of us and, finally go forth and share this Good News – the Message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - with others.
Many times, throughout scripture, the messenger of God opened his conversation with the same words…. “Fear not!” or “Do not be afraid!”
As my opening line stated, we ‘wonder what a new year will hold’.
May we move forward in resolute confidence that our Heavenly Father is still in control and we can fully trust in Him in ALL our circumstances.
Two things we can do:
1. From a Bible concordance, look up, read and meditate on every verse that contains the word ‘TRUST”.
2. Check out these three verses:
Monday, Dec. 28
9:30 am Men’s Prayer Online
Tuesday, Dec. 29
Wednesday, Dec. 30
10:00 am Keenagers Study online
Thursday, Dec. 31
Church office open 9:00 am to 12 noon
Friday, Jan. 01
New Year’s Day
Church office closed
Saturday, Jan 02
WORSHIP SERVICE UPDATE We have decided to host services exclusively online. We will continue to stream live on Facebook and YouTube at 10 am Sunday mornings. Please join us, invite your friends and neighbours and let us know you are there.
KEENAGERS (55+): “Christ is Superior – a Study in Hebrews”. Join us on Wednesday at 10:00 am on Pastor Art’s personal Facebook page or at 1:00 pm on our Keenagers Facebook Group as we stay connected through the Word of God.
CHRISTMAS OFFICE HOURS The church office will be open by appointment only. Reduced hours Dec. 31 9:00 am to noon
Jan 01 closed. For emergencies you can call 780-918-1478.
Please keep your eye out for weekly updates. Sign up for the newsletter if you haven’t already at https://www.sgac.net/newsletter
WE ARE ON INSTAGRAM! Follow us at sga.church!
Giving – Week of December 14 – December 20 2020
General Fund giving $ 38,674
General Fund Budget $ 22,602
Future Dev. Fund $ 7,565
Giving – July 1 to November, 2020
General Fund giving - YTD $ 416,412
Budgeted Need $ 497,244
Global Advance Giving $ 53,367
Canadian Ministries Giving $ 9,954
Future Dev Fund $ 171,078
Please note the following options for giving:
Whether it is a one-time gift or you would like to schedule a recurring donation, you can give online to Spruce Grove Alliance Church. This option allows you to give using a Visa debit card or the traditional Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
Pick up a pre-authorized debit agreement form from our church office or download one here. You can fill it out and then with a voided cheque - you can either scan it and email it to the office, or drop it off during regular office hours.
During office hours, you can drop by and use the INTERAC/DEBIT machine at the Welcome Centre, then fill out your donation envelope as normal including your name, address, giving number and insert your debit receipt so we can disburse funds as directed in the Box on the counter.
Use E-Transfer to give at SGAC, using www.sgac/Give . Please include your offering envelope number and contact information. The money is deposited directly into the church account and does not require a security question. Please also include your envelope # if you have one and your phone number in the note section.
During office hours, you can stop by the church office and drop off your donation in a sealed envelope. Mark it Finance / Confidential
By MAIL / CHEQUE
Mail your donation to:
Spruce Grove Alliance Church
250 Century Road
Spruce Grove, AB T7X 1W6
Thank you for your generosity in giving to SGAC.
Questions: Please contact the church office at 780 962 4700 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit our website at www.sgac/Give
Please pray for:
- Our Christian Workers: Ace & Cecelia Cheung work with the C&MA in Niger and are part of SGAC’s cluster group. They have 2 children.
- Pastoral Team Staff Member: Pastor of Worship & Prayer—Pastor Andrew Bugiera. Andrew is married to Amy and they have 3 children.
- Our Support Staff Team Member: Kari Gehlert. Kari is married to Lorne and they have 5 children.
- Our Elders Team Member: John Olsen. John is married to Arlene and they have 4 children.
- 2020 Tax Receipts All giving must be in the church office or completed online by December 31. This applies to all mail in donations as well. Please ensure that the church office has your current address especially if you have moved in 2020.
- Congratulations to Pastor Josh and Beth Palsky in the birth of their second son. Callum Robert James Palsky was born Dec. 23. A little brother for Ocean to love.
- Thank you to all those who made donations of mittens, socks, scarves or toques to our Christmas trees. These will be distributed to local charities in the next few weeks.
- We want to pray for you. Please send your requests to email@example.com