CHRISTIANS IN A POST-CHRISTIAN SOCIETY
Significance of Active Faith
James 2:14 – 26
- I Corinthians 9:25 – A Crown that will last forever
- Three kinds of Faith – Dead faith – useless
Demonic Faith – Mental assent
Active Faith – Authentic/Genuine
- Martin Luther’s 3 main Premises
-Salvation by Faith alone
- The bible is the only authority
- The Priesthood of all Believers
- Ephesians 2:8 – 10
Equation: Not Grace + Faith + Good Works = Salvation
But Grace + Faith = Salvation which produces good works.
- Justification - ___________________________________
Sanctification - __________________________________
- The Great Commandment – Matthew 22:35
- 4 Questions we all must answer - -- -- Where did I come from? - -Why am I here? ---How should I live? ---Where am I going?
- What does God want from us? Love in Action Matthew 25:31-46
Monday, November 15
9:30 am Women’s Prayertime
9:30 am Men’s Prayer
7:00 pm Monday Night Men
Tuesday, November 16
9:00 am Daybreak
7:00 pm Board Meeting
7:00 pm Youth Studies
Wednesday, November 17
9:45 am Keenager’s Study
4:00 pm AWANA
7:30 pm Young Adults
Thursday, November 18
6:30 pm Deeper Life School of Theology
7:00 pm Evening Edition
Friday, November 19
6:00 pm Bus leaves for Youth Retreat
6:30 pm Deeper Life School of Theology
Saturday, November 20
8:30 am Deeper Life School of Theology
Sunday, November 21
9:15 and 11:15 am Worship Services with Sunday School with Discovery Island Sunday School.
1:30 pm Missions Possible
6:00 pm Faith on Fire
The Worship Service will also be on Facebook and YouTube at 9:15am Sunday mornings. For more information please visit our website or watch for your bi-weekly newsletter. If you do not receive our weekly newsletter you can download it here from our website.
COMMUNION SUNDAY Today we celebrate the Lord’s Supper. If you are watching from home – have your bread and juice prepared so we can partake together.
YOUTH SUNDAY STUDY during the 11:15 am service following worship. Join us in the Oasis for an Intro to the Bible with an Old Testament Focus. This course will run Sunday until December 5 not including November 21 (Youth retreat).
YOUTH RETREAT – November 19 to 21. Grade 7-12 join us out at Camp Nakamun for a weekend of worship and Word. The bus will leave promptly at 6:00 pm. DON'T BE LATE! November 14 is the deadline for registrations. Cost is $145 Click here for more information.
KEENAGERS (55+) NEW STUDY Join Pastor Joel Wednesday mornings at 9:45 - 11:00 am as he facilitates a six week study on Mentoring in the Church. No need to re-register if you attended the previous Jonah study, but if you are joining us for the first time since the summer, please go to the website to register.
FAITH ON FIRE Join us November 21 at 6:00 pm for an evening of worshiping our King.
GRIEF SUPPORT EVENT- SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS: Have you lost a loved one or are you supporting a friend or family member who has lost a loved one? Holidays and special occasions create extra stresses for those who are grieving. At this event we will be discussing ideas and strategies for coping, as well as taking time to honor our loved ones. For more information and to sign up click HERE. This is offered by Stony Plain Alliance for November 18 meeting. Deadline to register is Today, November 14.
MISSIONS POSSIBLE -- At Home or Away – Sunday November 21 all day: Come in the morning for our Sunday Services with a missions focus where you’ll hear how God is at work in our community and beyond. Then stay for a special event hosted by the Missions Action Team from 1:30 – 3:30 pm. You will have a chance to learn more about serving God overseas or closer to home as [people who attend SGAC share their experiences with missions.
PARKLAND VILLAGE OUTREACH – Are you interested in being involved in outreach to the community of Parkland Village? Come to an information meeting on Sunday, November 28 in the Oasis from 3:00-4:00 pm.
SINGIN’THE GOSPEL November 28 at 6:00 pm featuring Potter’s Clay Quartet. Join us for a fun evening of southern Gospel singing. Free admission with a goodwill offering taken at the close of the evening.
In the interest of keeping the lines of communication open the Board has put together their November update. It is now available on the website for you to access by clicking HERE or you can pick up a copy at the Welcome Center today.
WE ARE ON INSTAGRAM! Follow us at sga.church!
Giving – Week of November 7 , 2021
General Fund Giving $ 26,993
Weekly Budget Required $ 22,606
Please note the following options for giving:
Whether it is a one-time gift or you would like to schedule a recurring donation, you can give online to Spruce Grove Alliance Church. This option allows you to give using a Visa debit card or the traditional Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
Pick up a pre-authorized debit agreement form from our church office or download one here. You can fill it out and then with a voided cheque - you can either scan it and email it to the office, or drop it off during regular office hours.
During office hours, you can drop by and use the INTERAC/DEBIT machine at the Welcome Centre, then fill out your donation envelope as normal including your name, address, giving number and insert your debit receipt so we can disburse funds as directed in the Box on the counter.
Use E-Transfer to give at SGAC, using www.sgac/Give. Please include your offering envelope number and contact information. The money is deposited directly into the church account and does not require a security question. Please also include your envelope # if you have one and your phone number in the note section.
During office hours, you can stop by the church office and drop off your donation in a sealed envelope. Mark it Finance / Confidential
By MAIL / CHEQUE
Mail your donation to:
Spruce Grove Alliance Church
250 Century Road
Spruce Grove, AB T7X 1W6
Thank you for your generosity in giving to SGAC.
Questions: Please contact the church office at 780 962 4700 or by email email@example.com. You may also visit our website at www.sgac/give
Please pray for:
- Our Christian Workers: Jon & Angie Coutts live in Calgary where Jon is the Assistant Professor of Christian Theology at Ambrose University. Angie’s parents attend SGAC.
- Pastoral Team Staff Member: Pastor of Youth and Young Adults – Pastor Josh Palsky. Josh is married to Beth and they have two children.
- Our Support Staff Team Member: Joanne Fehr. Joanne is married to Bruce and they have 2 adult children.
- Our Elders Team Member: Fred Zelensky. Fred is married to Darlene and they have 3 married children.
- PRAYER:If you would like personal prayer please join our Pastors in the Sanctuary following the service. If you are joining us online please send your prayer request to us by clicking here. We want to pray for you.
- LOST AND FOUND -- Are you missing a coffee travel mug or water bottle, Coat, boots or sweater? There is a table set up in the Nursery hallway that has lost and found items laid out. Pick up what you think belongs to you until Nov. 26. -then it will be donated to a local charity.